Family 2013

Family 2013

Sunday, April 10, 2011

So, here we are ... still

Well, it is bedtime on a Sunday again and still we are a family of 3. Every night I have put Sam to bed for the last week or so, I feel like it could be the last time I read to my baby, before the new baby joins us and Sam is the big brother. I get all sappy and emotional every time. This evening as Dan and I sat in Sam's big boy bed with him and read to him, Dan reminded me this isn't going to be the last time we sit as a threesome and read. TRUE! It's still so hard to believe that pretty soon we will be a family of 4 and we won't remember what our life was like without our Baby Light #2. This evening we celebrated Sam's 3rd birthday with Pap and Dahma Daw. Sam and Dahma made the birthday cake and we had Rocky Road ice cream (Sam and Dahma's favorite). Sam got a Leap Frog first computer and the Handy Manny Construction Set, he was equally as excited to get new water shoes and sunglasses. Being a week OVERDUE has really taken a toll on me. I have tried to be patient and understand that these things happen when they are supposed to. But, it has gotten the best of me the last day or so ... my emotions are out of control. I don't feel like I have been myself. I am trying to stop and be thankful for what I have - the wonderful support from my family. Dan has been amazing and having my parents here has been a tremendous help, the fact that Sam can't get enough of them has really been so AWESOME to witness. All I can say is thank you. It means the world to me. Well, we will be sitting by the phone tomorrow morning waiting for South Shore Hospital to call and tell us its "time"to come in. Apparently we have to be to the hospital an hour after the call to start the induction. I really do hope that tomorrow evening we will have met Baby Light #2. At this rate I don't think anybody is holding their breathe. We all want to know if you (Baby Light #2) are a BOY or a GIRL. What a wonderful surprise! STAY TUNED!

2 comments:

Kris10 said...

I thought about you all weekend. Good luck today!!

Unknown said...

I AM JUST DYING!!!!!!! Can't wait to know! Hope you are all doing well.