Family 2013

Family 2013

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pap and Dah-ma visit in October

My Mom and Dad came to visit us in early October. We had a nice visit. Dan and my Dad spent most of the time working on projects around the house. They built a front porch and starting the overhang (I will post pictures later) and they fixed the upstairs plumbing - so we now have 2 functioning showers in our house - YIPPEE! They also did a few other odds and ends around the house. My Mom and I spent the time entertaining Sam the Man.
We went to a farm and enjoyed the beautiful fall colors and the weather was perfect.
Dahma and Sam feed the goats at a local nursery.
Sam was partial to feeding the little white ones.
He would have stayed all day, if we'd let him. He gets real funny with the "animal feed" he would only give one piece at a time, and once he had given more than half he slowed down, he wanted the food to last.
This year there were baby donkeys - Sam wasn't real thrilled about feeding them, they got a little lippy.
I was proud of him for actually going up to the animals and sticking out his fat little hand to feed them - he wasn't scared.
Best Buddies!
Enjoying the day with Pap and Dahma.
Checking out the turkeys!
Sam has a horse radar - he had to ride the horse. We waited in line for 15 minutes and when it was finally Sam's turn they led him to a pony, he looked at me and said "no mommy, I want to ride the big one" and he pointed to her. He is such a big boy - and an experienced rider :)
Pap walked with Sam during his ride.

We took the hayride out to the pumpkin patch.
Sam was interested in the ones he could pick up. Pap ended up buying him 2 or 3 pumpkins.
Enjoying some apple cider.
Sam and his pumpkins on the new front porch ... he had to have them arranged just right.
Our beautiful new porch - courtesy of Pap and Dan. Awesome work guys!
Celebrating Dahma's birthday a week later. The three of us baked a cake, decorated, sang and ate the cake. Some of us had more fun than others.

Licking the bowl?
Guilty.

Sam, my Mom and I went to the zoo. My mom loved the camels.

Another beautiful fall day.

We ate our lunch on a bench.
Sam showed off his bike.
My little rock star ... what a stylish hairdo. I think this was the day we took him to get a hair cut.
Check out the video below - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAHMA!


What a nice visit ... Can't wait to see you again soon!

No comments: