Family 2013

Family 2013

Friday, July 16, 2010

T is for Trained (potty)

Well I think he did it. Sam is only wearing pull ups overnight now, he has been waking up from his afternoon nap dry for the last couple of weeks, he is about 50/50 for his overnight, but getting very close. This little boy is determined, I think I have said that all along. He wanted to stop peeing and pooping in his diaper and look at him now ... a big boy who pees in the potty. He is so cute, every now and then he reminds me that when you poopy in the potty you get 2 chocolate candies, and of course I give them to him - who could deny that precious little face.


As Sam is getting older and talking a bit more (at least words I can understand) in sentences, the stories I share with friends and family get more funny. A month or so ago I was sharing a story about "body parts" and every time I told it brought me to tears (laughing). When Sam starting sitting on the potty I was telling him that pee pee comes out of his penis ... so one morning I sat down to go to the bathroom while he was going on his little potty, he looked up at me with his big blue eyes and said "mommy no no penis" I said "that's right Sam, mommy's don't have penis's, mommy's have vagina's. So later that week when we were going through the same routine, he looked up at me and said "mommy no no penis, mommy giiiiina (emphasis on the i)" I think of those big blue eyes in all seriousness telling me this and it just warms my heart. I love this kid.


I still need to get some potty pictures of him, I will try to take a few and post.

No comments: