Family 2013

Family 2013

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Belated 30th Birthday Bub!

So my little brother turned 30 this last May 9th. His fiance Corrine threw a surprise birthday party to celebrate. We were not able to make it to the "Big Birthday Bash" due to a prior commitment I had. But I promised him that I would make a trip out to Virginia for a proper celebration in the summer. I made it there (by myself) at the end of July. I really thought I would have a hard time going solo (without the boys), this would be my first overnight(s) without Sam. It went better than I thought - I missed them both. Anyway, it gave my bro and I some long overdue "brother/sister bonding time." Some of the highlights from the extended weekend were rummaging through closets, purging and organizing ... and of course a Tim McGraw concert. We had a nice time. I really do enjoy the time I get with my brother. I wish we lived closer to each other. Here are some of the pictures of the weekend.
Our visit to the dump. We filled his truck full of junk for the dump and also made a couple of runs to the Goodwill trailer ... nice work letting go of "stuff" bub.
I took this picture for Sam, he is so into trucks lately.
On the lawn - Waiting for the concert to start.

People watching on Virginia Beach ... makes for an interesting afternoon. It was hotter than blue blazes.

Found some shade.
Big Day = 6/5/2011
Jay.T and Corrine will get married here next year.
Jay.T was able to get me into the house to take a tour, the place is breathtaking and humongous.
"Leroy Brown"
The boys of VA Beach.
We went to PF Changs for dinner, I think we called this his official birthday dinner. We got our grub on :)
Happy Birthday Bub!

No comments: