Family 2013

Family 2013

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who would of thought FOOD would be an issue?

Anyone that I have been in any sort of contact with lately is probably aware of how I have been lately with Sam and his eating habits. So at Sam's Dr. appointment last Friday I talked to Dr. Kennedy about his eating routine ... if it's not chicken fries (Anytizers) or hot of the stove mac and cheese he typically will not eat. He just starts launching the food off of the tray and says bahhh bahhh (aka-ball). She said what I figured she would say ... continue to offer him the same thing you eat at meals and he will eat when he is hungry. For all the moms out there, you know/understand this is not always a success, she assured me that when he is hungry he will eat - it's not like my chunky monkey is starving at almost 29 lbs. Anyway in the past we have had several failed attempts at this so I decided to give it another try, and I have to say I am quite pleased. Now, I am not bragging - but, look at the variety he has had in the last couple of days (new stuff, or oldies that he used to like but hasn't eaten in a while).

Friday - burrito packets (yummy burritos with retried beans and ground turkey)
Saturday - cottage cheese, pizza roll, frozen grapes, vegetable rice, french fries
Sunday - gnocchi

Keep your fingers crossed for us that this is just not a fluke - I really hope we are making progress.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

it's so hard to just let them not eat until they're hungry enough to eat whatever you put on their tray.....i'd be starving if i went 6 hrs without eating, but that's what my dr says to do too.....def not easy.....i cave more often than i should.....casey's favorites are french fries and pretzel sticks.....=)