Family 2013

Family 2013

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bowling - Thank goodness for Candle Pin

Sam discovered bowling. Gosh, it has been so long since I have been bowling. I can remember the Friday nights in high school, going to the bowling alley for 'Rock-n-Bowl, we had so much fun. I have been introduced to 'candle pin' bowling, I guess that is popular in this part of the country. Never heard of it! Anyway, it was perfect for Sam and his buddies. The ball is smaller. Check out the little guys. They had a great time. It was something new for Sam and it kept his attention for 30 minutes.
The boys get a pep talk before the game begins.
Super Psyched Sam!
Sam gets his first lesson from his buddy Zack.
Abe and Lisa look on as the others are warming up.
'Watch your fingers buddy' Sam gets a gentle warning from Dad.
I am not what was more fun ... rolling the ball down the lane -or- waiting for it to come back through the return.
That nifty little aluminum looking thingy really helped line up the balls for the boys. I am not sure if normal candle pin has bumpers or not, but that helped out too.
I don't ever want to know where those fingers have been. Remember we are in a bowling alley.

No comments: