Family 2013

Family 2013

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter and other fun activities in March/April

Well a few things to add to the blog - too cute to leave them out! My friend Grace hosted a "play date" (more on that word later) at "Mama's Move Explorazone" on March 28th. Sam and I went and met up with her and her cutie pies, Sawyer and Sabrina.
Is that a guilty face, if you've seen one?

Sawyer and Sam riding in the fire engine. Learning to share is tough at this age. That orange wrench went between the boys half a dozen times.
Under Construction - playing dress up with mommy.
Look at those eyes - how could you say no.
Sam is fascinated with the play cars, it was a trip trying to get him out of it. Once he discovered it at the "play date" he stayed in it until it was time to leave. The word "play date" is one of those words I thought I would never use when I became a mom - I always thought it sounded so yuppie. I use it all the time - I am constantly reminding myself - never say never.
When Grandma McGraw visited in March, she showed Sam how to crawl behind the couch, under the table, he thinks he is too cute when he shows up at the other end of the room.
Sam gets a ride with his pals Misha and Zack.
He has a special secret hiding place in his wagon.
Wow, can you have a temper tantrum before your ONE?
OK, this was a big night for Sam. It was the night before his first Easter and I totally forgot to take him to the mall to get his picture taken with the Easter Bunny. My intent was to do it during the week when it wasn't so busy - well we all know what happened. I panicked at dinner the night before when I realized we hadn't made it. So I cleaned him up and off to the mall - the night before Easter. It started off OK - some smiles.
And this is how it ended. We bought the picture.
The goodies from Sam's first Easter basket.
Sam and dad after Church. Handsome boys.
Sam just woke up from a nap - happy times. Notice the sock, he carries one around the house at all times ... don't ask me.
Just like pretty much everything these days - the egg goes into the mouth.He loves to stand ... a few steps here and lots of cruising along the furniture and behind push toys , not quite walking on his own yet though. Any day now!!!

No comments: