Family 2013

Family 2013

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cracked Pelvis


So, a week before Samuel was born I thought I strained a ligament in my groin and Dr. Keough confirmed that at my last OB visit. I understood that I may have some recovery time for the the strained ligament after Sam was born, but no biggie, I would live through it. Well Monday afternoon Dan, Sam, Luke and I set off on a beautiful walk in the neighborhood. We made it half way through the walk when I got a piercing pain in the groin ... thinking this was just the strained ligament. I could not move, so Dan and Luke had to run home and get the truck to come pick up Sam and I. I made a doctors appointment to see what the issue was and got in at 11am on Tuesday morning. Come to find out I have a craked pelvis and will be on crutches for 4-6 weeks. What a bummer! I have had a hard time dealing with this - the thoughts of being a new excited, happy mom and not being able to get around like I'd like has really been tough. Dan has been able to take time off and has really been a trooper running back and forth for me and Sam. We make such a great team! My mom will be here on Tuesday 5/13 so she will be a lot of help once Dan gets back to work. It's NOT fun to be a new mom on crutches or in a wheelchair.

No comments: